You'll be invited to Bee2Bee's educational apiary, conveniently located at Smith's Opticians.
We'll outfit you in a bee suit, veil and gloves and show you around the inside of a beehive! We'll point out important aspects of the hive and different bee roles in the colony. We might even see the queen bee! Each participant will walk away with a small honey jar. A fun and educational experience.
9am: Kid-friendly experience - children with parents welcome. Each participant will need to purchase a ticket. Age 4 or older please!
10am: Adults only experience.
- Come hydrated, bring water.
- Wear shoes that cover your ankles
- Wear light clothing (shorts are fine!)
- Do not wear black or dark clothing.
- Do not wear strong scents (no perfume, hair products, etc)
- There will not be a bathroom available for this tour as it is early before the store opens (trust us - it will be warm in the suit!) Be sure to TCB before coming!
Infused honey is the result of combining honey and high quality dried herbs or other dried ingredients, plus time, love, and patience. Once the desired flavor profile is reached, we carefully strain the added ingredients.
Creamed honey is a “controlled crystallization” that allows for small crystals to make the honey spreadable instead of the larger crystals of solid, unprocessed honey.